IV Therapy Consultation and Consent Form
Emergency Contact Details
What is IV Therapy?
IV Therapy, also known as intravenous therapy, is the administration of delivering nutrients and hydration directly into the bloodstream for immediate absorption and use by the body.
IV Therapy is the fastest way to deliver nutrients throughout the body, because it bypasses the digestive system and goes directly into the organs, resulting in a 90-100% absorption rate (as opposed to only 20-50% possible orally).
The stress of modern living can lower your immune system and general wellbeing: IV Therapy can give that much-needed boost, making it a realistic and practical option.
While stress alone doesn’t cause us to catch a cold or a flu virus, it definitely weakens the immune system’s ability to respond to viruses, leaving us more vulnerable to infection and illness.
So, if you want to boost your immunity, replace lost fluids and electrolytes after a boozy night out or support recovery from high-performance athletics – IV Vitamin Therapy can help to restore your body’s nutrient levels to their optimal state.
What Are the Benefits of IV Therapy?
One of the main benefits of IV Therapy is fast, more effective results without gastrointestinal side effects, absorption issues or loss of potency.
The process allows the nutrients to go right into your bloodstream, bypassing the digestive system allowing you to have more energy, think more clearly, and enjoy a better mood.
The benefits will differ depending on the condition treated, the protocol used, the overall health of the client, and how many treatments are done. Some reported benefits include:
- Stronger immunity (warding off a cold or flu)
- Enhanced mood
- Increased sports recovery time
- More energy
- Improved concentration and mental focus
- Increased calmness and relaxation
- Balanced blood sugar
- Improved sleep patterns
- Improved jetlag
- Improved hangover
- Reduced instances of migraines
- Boosted fertility and hormonal imbalance
- Improved complexion
- Reduced signs of ageing
How Long Does the IV Therapy Effects Last?
Typically, the effects become fully noticeable after the 12 – 24 hours after infusion, although many people report feeling better right after treatment.
The effects last for 8 days to 3 weeks depending on the condition, cocktail and type of IV Therapy.
Potential Risks and Side Effects
Is IV Therapy Safe?
Today, the administration of intravenous fluids via IV infusion is common and generally safe, but it is possible to have too much of a good thing, which can increase the risk of adverse effects.
If you have any medical condition, it is always advised to consult with your healthcare provider (i.e. GP or Consultant) prior to treatment to avoid any complications.
Complications of IV Therapy
While IV treatment is relatively safe, there can be complications. The most common include:
- Discomfort, pain and bruising at the injection site - Occasionally to commonly
- Inflammation in the vein used, phlebitis, metabolic disturbances - Rarely
- Severe allergic reaction, anaphylaxis, systemic infection, cardiac arrest and possible death - Extremely rarely
The following aftercare advice is essential to help reduce the risk of treatment complications, to improve your comfort/healing and to help achieve the best possible results from treatment.
Please follow the aftercare advice for IV infusion therapy.
- You may have some localised tenderness and swelling in the site that the venous cannula was inserted afterwards, this should usually resolve within 48 hours.
- You may experience bruising in the site that the venous cannula was inserted. Bruising is common and may take 1-2 weeks to resolve.
- Keep the area where the cannula was inserted clean afterwards.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated after treatment for the next 48 hours.
- In the unlikely event of bleeding afterwards from the cannula site, sit quietly and apply firm pressure to the area for 20 minutes. You can use a swab, clean cotton wool pad, a clean towel or flannel. Seek medical attention if bleeding will not stop, this is extremely unlikely.
- You must seek medical attention and contact your practitioner if you experience any signs or symptoms of skin infection after the treatment. Infection can present as hot, red shiny skin, there may be pus formation and you may have a fever or feel generally unwell.
- You must contact your practitioner as soon as possible if you experience any other unwanted side effects after having the IV infusion.
- Seek medical attention if you feel unwell following the infusion.
- Seek emergency medical attention in the rare event that you experience any severe allergy signs or features of anaphylaxis after IV infusion treatment. These may include rash, facial swelling and breathing difficulties.
It is essential that you have read all of the information available. Please do let your practitioner know if you have any questions or if you do not understand any of the aftercare instructions provided above.
Please read the following information carefully.
Intravenous (IV) Therapy is designed to improve your optimum health, absent of other non-nutritional complicating factors, and requires a sincere commitment from you, possible lifestyle changes, and a positive attitude. It is NOT intended to make a medical diagnosis and to recommend any medicinal treatment(s).
No comment or recommendation should be construed as inferring or implying a medical diagnosis. SInce every person is unique, we cannot guarantee any specific result from IV Therapy. Medication and/or medical conditions may have a negative impact on the positive effects of IV Therapy.
If you suffer from a medical condition you need to consult with an appropriate healthcare provider such as your GP or Consultant before receiving IV Therapy. It is important that you inform your healthcare provider of your use of IV Therapy. IV Therapy may be a beneficial adjunct to more traditional care, and it may also alter your need for medication, so it is important that you always keep your healthcare provider informed of changes in your nutritional programme.
Every client is an individual, and it is not possible to determine in advance how your system will react to the supplements you need. It is sometimes necessary to adjust your programme as we proceed until your body can begin to properly accept products required to correct possible imbalances. It is your responsibility to do your part by following healthy dietary guidelines, exercise your body if possible, get plenty of rest, and learn more about nutrition health benefits.
Tap or click on the signature above to sign