Dermaplaning Consultation and Consent Form
Dermaplaning will gently exfoliate and eliminate surface layers of dead skin cells and unwanted vellus hair (peachfuzz) and will prime skin for our professional enzyme or acid peel. Professional enzymes or acid peels dramatically diminishes the appearance of discoloration, while smoothing texture and renewing the appearance of pores, to restore a brighter, more clarified skin tone. For optimal results, a series of 4-6 treatments every 4 weeks is recommended.
All things considered, Dermaplaning is very safe.
- Of course, bleeding is possible as the treatment involves the use of a sharp surgical blade. As with your own shaving experiences in the shower, cuts are extremely rare and more annoying than painful.
- Makeup may be applied after Dermaplaning, in fact you may note that your makeup glides on and sits much better on your face after a session than before.
- Your therapist will take every precaution to ensure that your skin is well hydrated and calm following each session. However, you may experience excessive dryness or even some peeling between sessions, which may or may not be normal.
- More sensitive skin may experience some redness after the first couple of sessions. This normally goes away after 2 to 3 hours.
- Dermaplaning may cause minor superficial abrasions which may not appear until a day or two following your treatment. If this should occur, please contact (Company Name) so that we can arrange a post-treatment follow up with you.
- After your treatment, SPF 30+ MUST be worn at all times.
- Always seek medical advice if you have any concerns or complications, as well as informing (Company Name).
Although it is impossible to list every potential risk and complication, the following conditions are recognized as contraindications for dermaplaning treatment and must be disclosed prior to treatment
The majority of (Company Name) clients receive noticeable, satisfactory, above average results with a series of treatments and a commitment to a daily skin care regimen. However, this outcome cannot be guaranteed as maximum results are highly dependent on age, cumulative sun exposure, health, lifestyle, genetic traits, general skin condition, and willingness to follow recommended protocols. Be aware that many changes may occur deeper within the skin over time. To continue the maintenance of your skin after you complete your treatment(s), (Company Name) may inform you of other preventive treatments that may benefit your skin and help with management of your skin.
- Please discontinue products containing any exfoliating agents (retinoic acid, tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, astringents, etc.) at least 72 hours before treatment.
- A history of herpes or cold sores may require a course of antiviral medication pre and post treatment.
- Your provider will recommend appropriate products to help enhance results and/or minimize potential side effects.
- In regards to Isotretinoin (Anti-Acne), also known as Accutane, you can only be treated if the medication has not been taken within the last six months.
- You may experience slight redness and swelling, which should resolve within 24 hours.
- Apply SPF 30 and UV Ray protection daily post treatment.
- Mineral make-up can be worn immediately following treatment.
- Avoid heat, saunas, hot tubs and all sweat-inducing activity for 24 hours; this includes exercise of any kind.
- Avoid products containing any exfoliating agents (retinoic acid, retinol, tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, astringents, etc.) for 7 days post treatment.
- You may resume your regular skin care routine (excluding the points made above) 24 hours after treatment.
By my electronic signature below, I acknowledge that I have read and fully understand this agreement and all the information detailed above.
Tap or click on the signature above to sign